Military Vehicles, April 1997,: Re: [MV] Re: Gas / Ethanol

Re: [MV] Re: Gas / Ethanol

John Emery (jemery@execpc.com)
Thu, 10 Apr 1997 22:04:08 -0500

>I have heard that some farmers in North Dakota produce their own fuels for
>both gasoline and diesel tractors. Does anyone know any facts on this. Or
>of any place that I could do some research of this?

The US gov printing office has/had a number of publications pertaining to
fuel alcohol production. I worked with an old timer who had received a
grant from the feds to investigate fuel alcohol production from bakers
waste. Project was very successful and yields were surprising (don't
remember what). The key to the whole thing was the still. He had bought,
and modified, a fractional column type, 21 feet tall, which gave him 190 pr
in one pass through it. Of course if the fuel in any way shape or form is
going to leave your property, it has to be denatured to be legal. If your
interested I could try to track down the books I have on the topic including
maybe the research report on the bakers waste thing.

je