Military Vehicles, April 1997,: Re: [MV] Cargo bed for CCKW

Re: [MV] Cargo bed for CCKW

Svaasand (svaasand@nyaal.npolar.no)
Fri, 11 Apr 1997 15:00:22 +0200

Underground Utilities - Tom Chism wrote:

> I am looking for a cargo bed for my '42 CCKW located in central U.S.A.
> Anyone know of any? What are they worth? What to look for? My truck

Beds for the CCKW are readily available here in Norway, but I assume the
shipping would be expensive. By the way, they were produced in 3
configurations, all wood, all steel and steel frame with wooden
floorboards. Steel produced early and late in the war, and the wooden
bodies in 1943-44 to save steel.

Lars Svaasand, Ny Aalesund, Norway