Military Vehicles, April 1997,: Re: [MV] UNIMOGs and respect

Re: [MV] UNIMOGs and respect

Chris Cassatt (cassattc@charm.net)
Wed, 23 Apr 1997 18:08:06 -0400

Dean E. McCahan wrote:

> [snip]
> Does anyone know:
> What variety of wood is used on the decks of UNIMOG troop transports? > [snip]
> I am also looking for a good tire source. I need four Michelin ...
> [snip]

There are several good Unimog resources available via the WWW ... you
should be able to get answers through -

http://www.crl.com/~cs/unimog.html (Be sure to check out the link for
Parts and Service Centers. BTW - you can reach Michael Carradine at
510-988-0900. He currently has several 404s available and can supply any
parts or information you might require.)

http://echoweb.net/~jince/ (Jim Ince may have the tires you need in
stock)

http://www.west-4x4.demon.co.uk/index.htm (excellent information about
ALL Unimogs)

http://www.cs.brandeis.edu/~zippy/unimog-404.html (specific to your
vehicle)

If you are in the Northeast - try Michael's Classics in New York state
at 516-363-4200.

Regards - Chris Cassatt <cassatc@charm.net>
Baltimore, Maryland
USA