Military Vehicles, April 1997,: Re: [MV] DUKW info

Re: [MV] DUKW info

Hank LaBarbara (dukw@starnetinc.com)
Wed, 30 Apr 1997 21:30:18 -0400

As I am certain that Bill would not want his address posted here, but I
will send you his home address where you can write to him.

The newsletter "DUKW Tales" came about when Bill was here for a visit. The
name of the newsletter came from my first dukw which was named Duck Tales.
The intent of the newsletter was to keep dukw'ers in touch with each other
and provide sources for parts.
This worked for a short while until the commercial tour companies got a
hold of the list and started harassing people to sell their dukws along
with driving up the cost of parts, simply because they were willing to pay
more. This combined with Bill's work schedule has resulted in the
newsletter not being published for several years now. I don't know if
there will or will not be future issues.