Military Vehicles, May 1997,: Re: [MV] My New Willys Original Paint Color?

Re: [MV] My New Willys Original Paint Color?

Brian & Robin Mead (bmead@atl.mindspring.com)
Thu, 1 May 1997 08:23:55 -0400 (EDT)

At 12:23 AM 5/1/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Don't know if there were any Air Force jeeps, but I was
>wondering if your Jeep had its original engine. Do you
>know what its engine number is? (It is stamped on a
>raised oval section on the side of the passenger side
>of the engine near the top of the engine underneath
>the oil filter. Thanks!

Sorry for fogetting. As well as I can tell the engine number is M(?)442879
Obviously the (?) is a character I can't read. I'll try again to figure it
out tonight. Also, does this mean that it is or isn't the original engine?
I'm new to this, like you probably couldn't tell ;-), and am just starting
out.
Also what is the ORD stamped after the Willys MB on the dashboard plate for,
are there different versions of the Willys MB determined by this stamp?

Brian Mead '44 Willys MB
Griffin, Ga.
bmead@mindspring.com