Military Vehicles, May 1997,: Re: [MV] Roll Call

Re: [MV] Roll Call

Jeff Polidoro (willys@vgernet.net)
Fri, 9 May 1997 08:42:21 -0400

Hey Daryl,

The registry page will be interactive so we hadn't thought about a form.
Now that you mention it, though, it sounds like such a good idea, I wish it
were mine. Not only would it make it easier to get the information off
your Jeep correctly by having something to refer to instead of running back
to the computer to look at the page but maybe the most significant benefit
would be that someone online could just give the form to someone who is
not. Then either you could enter the info for them, or they could mail it
to us and we could do it. Todd says the same thing about people (not)
knowing what they have. As a result, he has spent considerable time and
money (buying new equipment and traveling to photograph components) taking
pix of all the locations of the information. These will be on the page and
will surely move the needle forward in identifying what's out there.

Regarding your other posting, don't know where your MB engines are but if
you want to come her and look thru a couple of dozen 2As for them your
welcome to. Funny, but I always wondered why folks put MB engines in their
2As. One benefit of the registry page should be that we will be able to
reunite at least a few GPW owners with their original engines. Even
easier, should be to get MB and 2A owners an engine which could have been
factory installed in their chassis.

Mind getting all the information you can off the Jeeps that go thru your
hands, in case the new owners never hear about the registry.?

Your comments are exactly the type of input/critique we are looking for.
We expect we may have to do some fine tuning but it's easiest for everyone
(incl us) if we get it right the first time. So, did you come up with a
name for it yet? Only thing we can think of is Flat Fender Registry.

Regards,

JP