Military Vehicles, May 1997,: Re: [MV] Bantam Trailer?

Re: [MV] Bantam Trailer?

Front Line Military Vehicles (flmv@netrax.net)
Wed, 28 May 1997 19:43:30 -0400

Tom Woodburn wrote:

> Attention on the list
> I am seeking information on a trailer it is a 1/4ton,round
> fender,military type tie downs, ball hitch, tail gate, MB type
> reflectors, no parking brake and no holes where they should be, has
> landing leg, no military nomemclature
> tags nor holes where they should have been, only tags reads as follows.
> Bantam model T3-C, serial 1901,American Bantam Car Co.
> Does anyone have any ideas what this is. Post WW2?
> Thanks for the help........Tom

YOU HAVE FOUND A 1946-195? CIVILIAN BANTAM TRAILER. IT WAS BANTAM'S LAST
GASP AT SURVIVIAL IN THE LATE 40'S. IF IT IS VERY EARLY IT HAS ONLY ONE
TAIL LITE. LATER (+-LATE 1948 HAS TWO TAIL LITES.) GREAT TRAILER FOR A
CJ2A RESTORATION, OR TO USE W/WWII JEEP. BY THE WAY THE WIMPY LOOKING
BALL HITCH IS ORIGINAL.

--
JEFF HAIN-MATSON
FRONT LINE MILITARY VEHICLES