Military Vehicles, May 1997,: Re: [MV] Gamma goat

Re: [MV] Gamma goat

DooMDeaD (doomdead@plazma.net)
Wed, 28 May 1997 17:52:49 -0700

At 05:29 PM 5/28/97 +0000, you wrote:
>Seems kind of steep to me too, Kevin.

Yeah, I told him i'd give him 400 bucks, let me know when he wants me to
come get it :).

I was actually looking to do exactly what your friend did.

I have a stompin' smallblock that was originally built for my landcruiser,
(high tourque) and I have a 501 caddy engine... (was thinking it would be
good for the goat) .. since in thier stock incarnation they are unaceptably
loud. does your friend have an e mail adress (I would love some "20,000
miles witha goat" type information). I'm going to basically build myself
the "ultimate offroad camping, etc." vehicle (having had baja bugs,
landcruisers, etc... having a rig that floats is nice :) I'm not after
"authentic" but i really don't want to chop up a clean one eithier (this
one here would actually be ok i think, if i could find a transaxle and the
guy would be reasonable)
I was told the number one problem was axle breakage, and that proper
maintenance alleviates it, (and there's apparently a fix) followed by noise
and fording without the drainplugs :) and a tendency to want to jackknife
on steep downhills where sidehills are involved (or something?)

I found the original maintenance manuals, so i have all the information i
need to rebuild one, now i just need one.

thanks guys,
-kevin schooler

>A friend of mine dropped a 327 Chevy in his. Said it made a world of
>difference in the drivability over the 3-71 Diesel that was in it
>originally.
>
>It was used as a camper for baja california. Very custom, everything
>extremely clean, came with a mounted tent, etc. He sold it for
>$10,000. But it was the cleanest I've ever seen. And it didn't have
>the problems of the ones that are commonly around and about.

DooMDeaD Shadows inc. \ Terminal Bliss \ Plazma.net
The board: @the.plazma.net The pages: http://www.plazma.net
To SUBSCRIBE to The "Terminal-Bliss" List, send E-Mail to:
terminal-bliss-request@plazma.net with the word JOIN in the BODY
< Connecting the world.... and beyond....... >

"Spam me and I _will_ kill your mailserver. Bet on it."