Military Vehicles, June 1997,: Re: [MV] Norwegian stores of N.O.S. material

Re: [MV] Norwegian stores of N.O.S. material

David Hammond (davidh@sn.no)
Thu, 05 Jun 1997 17:40:57 -0700

Gordon.W.I. McMillan wrote:

> For all those that have enquired, I'm told that the H.M.K, the
> Norwegian Military Vehicle Club, are auctioning off their stocks of
> Jeep and Weasel parts this weekend, (7th / 8th June) and that the
> intention is to auction off the remaining Dodge and GMC spares some
> time in the not too distant future.

Gordon McMillan is not a mamber of HMK, does not speak on our behalf,
and
the information he has posted is not correct.
HMK does have a stock of mv-parts which were purchased from the
Norwegian
Army and which have restrictions placed on them. They are not for
general
commercial sale to dealers. HMK sales are restricted to members of our
club.
Any non-members who turn up at our sales will be politely refused
admittance
- so don't waste your time and money coming to Norway based on
incorrect
information.
HMK welcomes applications from private persons in Europe, the Americas
or anywhere
else for that matter, if these persons are interested in making a
constructive
contribution to our club.
We do all have the same interests at heart.
We do not welcome persons who join just because they think that we are
an unlimited
source of mv-parts.
Commercial businesses and 'dealers' do not qualify for membership.
I hope that this clears up any misunderstandings which Gordon McMillans
erroneous posting will have caused.

David Hammond, Materials Admin., Central Committee Member

'Bona-fide' membership applications should be sent to:
Historiske Militære Kjoeretoeyers Forening,
P.O.Box 51, Blindern, N-0313 Oslo, Norway