Military Vehicles, June 1997,: Re: [MV] Composite body Ford GPW

Re: [MV] Composite body Ford GPW
Sat, 7 Jun 1997 00:17:50 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 97-06-06 12:10:20 EDT,
(=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Torfinn_S=F8rnes?=) writes:

<< My 42 Ford GPW is equipped with a 44 Willys body (military rebuild). I
realize the body is called composite body. What is meant by composite? In
what way does it differ from the earlier ones? >>
I'm sorry I don't have time to give a full answer to your question right now.
My girlfriend is screaming "Come On!!!" at this very moment. The composite
bodies are those that were used by Ford and Willys after the 1943 produdtion
year. They were made by American Central Automotive in Illinois or Indiana.
They were sent to the Willys or Ford factories to be completed with all the
appropriate do-dads that make each companies vehicles unique. I gotta go I'm
in trouble. More later.

To unsubscribe from the mil-veh mailing list, send the single word
UNSUBSCRIBE in the body of a message to <>.