Military Vehicles, June 1997,: Re: [MV] Buying an MV

Re: [MV] Buying an MV

Whiskey_Bravo (gwb@interlog.com)
Wed, 11 Jun 1997 19:23:17 -0400

--------------1BD332B2668F0AC3BACE0E41

brian.stephens@virgin.net wrote:

> After noon,
> A member in our team wants to buy an MV, and was wondering if you
> could suggest where to get one, We are desperate at the moment as we
> are
> pulling the 25pdr a vehicle that is modern and too small. He is
> looking
> for something about Bedford QL type size and must be world war two,
> and
> before I talk to him i would like to have a rough guide to price and
> if
> any one knows of any for sale in the south of England, We will be at
> Beltring in a few weeks.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Ben
> Based Coalhouse fort, East Tilbury
> Essex
> England
> Mailto:brian.stephens@virgin.net
>
> ===

Ben, you might try to search out a 13-cab [Canadian] CMP Gun Tractor.
They were the standard for 25 pdr regiments during the war; I haven't
seen any over here for a long while, but then again, there seems to a
lot more surviving Canadian Military Pattern vehicles in Europe than
here. Good Luck.. oh, by the way, read George Blackburn's books on
artillery during 44-45 in NW Europe: The Guns of Normandy, and The Guns
of Victory. You'll be hooked on artillery forever! Do you have an
ammunition limber?

Let me know how you made out, or if I can help you with anything further
in this regard.

Geoff Winnington-Ball
Markham, Ontario, Canada

Markham, Ontario, Canada --------------1BD332B2668F0AC3BACE0E41-- === To unsubscribe from the mil-veh mailing list, send the single word UNSUBSCRIBE in the body of a message to .