Military Vehicles, June 1997,: Re: [MV] Mule's Name

Re: [MV] Mule's Name

Steven P. Allen (spallen@rolemail.ccis.edu)
Tue, 17 Jun 1997 08:39:00 -0500

At 04:05 PM 6/16/97 -0700, you wrote:
>There is a link to MVs here. I own a M274 Mule and was trying to think of
>a 'pet name' for it. A friend suggested naming it after the live mule
>that Festus rode in 'Gunsmoke', the TV series from the 50s-60s. But, we
>could not remember the name. I know that this is right on the edge of
>being connected to the purpose of this page, but does anyone know the
>name of Festus's Mule?? Thanks.
>
>Dave in Flagstaff,AZ.,USA
>M274
>M715
>

>Dave,
I watched a lot of Gunsmoke once upon a time, but I'm on shaky ground here.
I think she was Sadie, but I wouldn't bet more than the price of one of
those windshield-frame split rivets that folks are talking about. I'm going
to check with my parents some time: they're really big Gunsmoke fans and
have many of the episodes on tape.

Steve Allen, Rolla, MO, USA