Military Vehicles, June 1997,: Re: [MV] M37/M715 debate

Re: [MV] M37/M715 debate

Jeff Polidoro (willys@vgernet.net)
Wed, 18 Jun 1997 08:41:45 -0400

Jim Allen wrote:

> The guy who has the title has the final word!. We may or may not like
> what he does, or how he does it but as long as this is a free country,
> we'll have to choke it down. 'Course we are free to verbally abuse them
> unmercifully on the internet!!!

This is certainly true. I, actually, view the modifiers/customizers as a
good source of original parts. At least they interact with their vehicles,
get some use out of them, stimulate the economy and make their cast-off
parts available for restorers.

What really torques me are the guys with 10 or so vehicles stored outside,
rusting away. When you inquire about one of particular interest (rare or
low serial number), they're "gonna restore it". Some of these guys are in
their 70s, have never restored anything in their entire life (usually don't
even cut the grass) but somehow they're gonna finish strong... come up with
the ambition, money and know how to restore 10 vehicles in their last year
on earth. Yeah, right.

I feel better now,

JP