Military Vehicles, June 1997,: Re: [MV] Military Vehicle Preservation

Re: [MV] Military Vehicle Preservation

Steven P. Allen (spallen@rolemail.ccis.edu)
Wed, 18 Jun 1997 14:09:56 -0500

At 01:31 PM 6/18/97 -0

>However, as far as the MVPA is concerned, I believe that they should adopt
>the items listed above as an official platform(if they haven't already) in
>order to preserve the MV's that we take for granted for future generations.
> I'm sure I'll get a lot of heat for this one. Let me know what y'alls
>thoughts are.
>
>Rob Kiser
>'52 M37
>

>===
Rob, I understand why you want to do this, and I can agree with the
principle. The problem is this: I don't have a garage. Does that mean
that I can't be an MVPA member? My M416 must sit outside, but so must my
Pickup and my wife's (very nice) car. So must my two antique John Deere
tractors. I just can't afford a garage right now.

Sure, I can toss a tarp over the trailer (in fact, I have), but that tarp is
not much real protection, all things considered. So, maybe I should sell my
MV (sorta) in order to belong to a MV Preservation Association? Seems a tad
backward to me.

I, personally, would never trash an MV. God knows, if I ever get what I
want, I have no intention of butchering it. But, before we alienate too
many members of the hobby, policies like this need close scrutiny.

Steve Allen, Rolla, MO, USA