Military Vehicles, June 1997,: Re[2]: [MV] Radio help

Re[2]: [MV] Radio help

jhlang (jhlang@Sourcecom.Com)
Thu, 19 Jun 97 16:49:28 -0800

Kathy,

Most probably it was a VRC-3 through 8. The specific setup could vary
depending on what equipment was used. It could be one
Receiver/Transmitter (R/T) and two Receivers (R) or it could be two
R/T's and one Receiver or one of each. There was also a Power supply.
These would be marked PP- something (damn, but I just can't remember
that number right now.) Inside the power supply were pull-out modules,
one for 6V DC, 12V DC and one for 24V DC.

The radios consisted of an RT-66, 67 or 68 and the Receivers were an
R-108, 108 or 110. The difference between these were the band that it
operated on. The range was from about 28Mhz to 54Mhz. I don't
remember the exact split between them right now.

There was also a low powered unit used for convoy operations so the
signal would not radiate far and give their positon away. This unit
is the RT-70 which had a powersupply/amplifier AM-65.

There were several mounts, but the only one I remember is the MT-327.
There was also a waterproof enclosure that was made and a waterproof
battery box. (I still have the battery box.)

I see these radios every now and again at Ham swaps and I know Fair
Radio Sales in Ohio still has a few. Good little radios, but
sometimes a little finicky. Make sure that if you get some working
that you don't transmit on 51-54Mhz. Its the amatuer 6M band.

Hope this was of help.

Regards,

Jared Lang
SMVCC Burbank, CA, USA (1977 M882 with AN/GRC-142E Comm Shelter
(Operational))
(Ham Tech+ N6VUE)