Military Vehicles, June 1997,: RE: [MV] Moving Vehicles

RE: [MV] Moving Vehicles

licensed user (dmccahan@csrlink.net)
Thu, 19 Jun 1997 23:13:26 -0400

They said your 404 weighed over 10000 lbs.? Do they know how to read a data plate and convert kg to lbs.?
You got hosed, my friend.
The people I used didn't know what a UNIMOG was, so I faxed them all I had on it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Trent [SMTP:gtrent@silcom.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 1997 16:27
To: mil-veh@skylee.com
Subject: Re: [MV] Moving Vehicles

And as a footnote to the other inputs on the topic, make darn sure that the
mover is aware of the type of vehicle that you are moving.

When I moved my Unimog, the transport company only took it halfway, charged
me extra to get it out of their impound yard, claimed that my 404 weighed
over 10K pounds and damaged their trailer.

I wound up paying another company $400, and riding up with them in the
hauler to recover the Unimog.

The name of the transport company is Dependable Auto Shippers, Inc. MC
191780, located in California. I'd stay away from them.

Take care, Greg
Regards,Greg

The Unimog Registry/MogNet
P.O. Box 1242
Goleta, CA 93116-1242
$10 per year.
Quarterly newsletter, info on meets, tech info, articles, etc.
Ph/Fax 805-965-8889

The meeting place for Unimog enthusiasts in the USA and Canada.