Military Vehicles, June 1997,: Re: [MV] HEMTT / LVS

Re: [MV] HEMTT / LVS

John Emery (jemery@execpc.com)
Sun, 22 Jun 1997 09:08:33 -0500 (CDT)

>Actually, Jim Rice and David Decker are both correct. Jim listed the standard
>versions of the HEMTT. The LVS that Dave talks about is part of a new
>program.
>The LVS is an articulated HEMTT that has two halves; the power half and the
>trailer half. The power half is the cab, engine, and the front two axles of a
>standard HEMTT. The trailer half is the rear two axles of a standard HEMTT.
>Different trailers are available.

An articulated HEMITT with different trailer options?? Are you not talking
about the 'Dragon Wagon' which as I recall has been around longer than the
HEMITT??? There is also the PLS version (of the HEMITT) with 3 rear axles
and the tank retriever version with 1 front and 3 rear.

je