From: owner-Mil-Veh@skylee.com On Behalf Of FIREBASEZ@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, July 03, 1997 11:47 PM
To: mil-veh@skylee.com
Subject: [MV] Wtd: machine gun mount parts

Hi list,
I drove my Ferret down Interstate 15 and Interstate 10 in the urban jungle of
greater Los Angeles on my way to a display. Did 55 mph the whole way, with no
problems. Several motorists got whiplash from trying to get a better look.

>From the interest I saw in the vehicle, I guess people aren't used to seeing
armor up close. This seems strange to me , because I'm used to seeing it
every night in my garage.

I am looking for a machine gun mounting post, with a socket that will accept
a US .30/.50 cal pintle.

I am also looking for the mounting bracket to mount the post to the turret
front on a Ferret MK 1/2 (4 bolts).

Does anyone know the proper height from bracket to top for this post?

Does anyone have the measurements, so that I can have a repro fabricated? I
have photos that show the basic shape?

Are British and US pintles/sockets interchangeable (same size, pattern)?
Thanks in advance,

Byron
1959 Ferret Mk 1/2
California, USA