Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] British veh. History Card

Re: [MV] British veh. History Card

Henrik Teller (Henrik_Teller@vip.cybercity.dk)
Fri, 18 Jul 1997 10:13:36 +0000

> From: FIREBASEZ@aol.com
> Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 23:17:10 -0400 (EDT)
> To: mil-veh@skylee.com
> Subject: [MV] British veh. History Card

> Hello all,
> I received the history card for my Ferret today from the Tank
> Museum. I could use some help deciphering it from the list. Here is
> the stuff I can't figure out. I know BAOR is the British Army of the
> Rhine.

I can "decode" a bit. Look below.

> CL D A T E Authority Equipt. ARN
> 3 0 3 7 2 AGE BAOR CR C3 1 HA04A
>

> Command Code Div/Dist Code Unit Code Dept.
> Wksp. Code
> E U 14741550
> F 58897174
> 66297070
> 31 8 71 E U 10830110
> 62480110
> 29 6 73 E-U 91357030 A3607A
> 60340070
>

> Issue Voucher Date Location
> Reciept Voucher Date (various dates)
> H. RtR. BAOR (various dates)
> 5 Innie D.G. BAOR
> 17 ByD. BAOR
> HQ 11 INF BDE 8 Sig
> Sqn BAOR
Headquarters, 11 Infantry Brigade, 8 Signal Squadron, British Army of
The Rhine

> 3384
> 703 TACP (FAC) BAOR
Tactical Air Control Party (Forward Air Controller)

A FAC is a (normally) officer leading the assaulting aircrafts to the
target from the ground.

Hope this brings you a bit further.

76 Dz

> My Ferret apparently was a Mark 1/1 (VHF). It was put in service
> 9-17-59. The card covers to 6-20-73. Apparently the records were
> computerized after that, and are not available.
>
> Any info on the units or locations served with, etc. would be
> greatly appreciated. Byron California, USA
>
> ===
> UNSUBSCRIBE in the body of a message to
> <mil-veh-request@skylee.com>.

Greetings