Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] Battery Question

Re: [MV] Battery Question

DooMDeaD (doomdead@plazma.net)
Fri, 18 Jul 1997 21:22:42 -0700

>>... I always follow
>>the rule a little bit more is better than less - in the case of battery
>>capacity that is (all rules are subject to change depending on situation
>>-Ha Ha).
>
>I used to do this (buy the highest capacity battery) until I realised that
>they don't last as long under rough driving. I think we have figured out
>why. To increase capacity they have to increase plate area. They always
>used to leave a space at the bottom of each cell for crud the falls off the
>plates to collect.

With the high current / hammer it to death situation i have going in my crx
i used to wipe an interstate megatron every month or 2 ... then i stumbled
on standard battery's "optima 800" these puppies use spiral wound plates
and fiberglass spacers... the case is shaped sort of like a 6 pack of
fosters... you can use 'em in any position, even upside down, and they will
still work and won't leak acid if you break one open... i sell 'em out of
my shop for 189 bucks a pop since they are "super killer competition blah
blah blah... you should be able to pick em up for about 95 bucks in your
neck of the woods, and they are _WELL_ worth it, as i have yet to kill one.
.. also , they are a bit smaller than a normal battery, and you could
probably get one inside a regular "period" battery houseing...

-dd

Shadows inc. \ Terminal Bliss \ Plazma.net
The board: @the.plazma.net The pages: http://www.plazma.net/
DooMDeaD@Plazma.net ICQ 1571931
Terminal-bliss list commands @ http://www.plazma.net/terminal-bliss/