Military-Vehicles: RE: [MV] Dual master cylinder conversion for M37 ???

RE: [MV] Dual master cylinder conversion for M37 ???

Alan Bowes (alan_bowes@phast.com)
Wed, 23 Jul 1997 13:57:37 -0600

Thanks, Rick. I'll carefully consider the situation you described. =
Perhaps there may be an alternate route that doesn't compromise frame =
integrity or brake line protection, though it may require some new lines =
to be fabricated.

Alan

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick [SMTP:rickl@npark.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 1997 12:13 PM
To: Alan Bowes
Subject: Re: [MV] Dual master cylinder conversion for M37 ???

The problem with a dual master cylider changeover is that the master
cylinder bolts to the running board bracket. This places the master
cylinder on the outside of the frame rails. The stock master cylinder
has an armored brake line from the rear of the master cylinder to the
frame rail where a T fitting is installed through a hole in the frame.
If you change to a dual master cylinder you have to solve how to pass 2
lines through the frame rail to the brake lines on the other side. I am
not comfortable with either drilling a new hole in my frame for another
fitting or passing the line above and over the frame rails where it
could be damaged.

Just my two cents worth,
Rick