Military-Vehicles: RE: [MV] Dual master cylinder conversion for M37 ???

RE: [MV] Dual master cylinder conversion for M37 ???

Alan Bowes (alan_bowes@phast.com)
Fri, 25 Jul 1997 10:56:53 -0600

Hi again, Gordon:

I know what you mean about it being a royal pain to reset the failure =
indicator valve. Some are so sensitive that if you push a little too =
hard (or too fast) when you're bleeding a system, it can set the valve =
to the switch-closed position.

I personally have never had any problem with a dual-master-cylinder =
system, although once I picked up a rebuilt dual master cylinder from a =
'reputable' auto parts house and found out that it wouldn't bleed =
properly...kept getting air in it. It turned out that some goofball on =
the assembly line put one of the seals in backwards and rolled another =
one over while assembling it!!! That, combined with the fact that there =
were still obvious pits that couldn't be honed out, explained the =
problem. I took it back and pointed out the multiple problems to the =
embarrassed manager in front of a few amused customers. Told the guy he =
needed to find a new supplier of rebuilt brake parts before they killed =
someone.

Anyway, thanks for your input.

By the way (off the subject), one of these days my wife and I would love =
to make a trek to Scotland. I spent a couple of weeks there a few years =
back...a few days in Edinburgh, but mostly in the Western =
Highlands...had a great time. Edinburg seemed like a fascinating and =
very liveable city, but I especially loved the great, stark, unpopulated =
expanses of the northwestern part of the country. We live in Salt Lake =
City, Utah.

Regards,

Alan