Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] M-1009 Blazer

Re: [MV] M-1009 Blazer

Front Line Military Vehicles (flmv@netrax.net)
Fri, 25 Jul 1997 17:07:52 -0400

Dr Deuce 264-0909 wrote:

> It is my understanding that the M1009 Blazer was bought with the HD automatic
> tranny. How this affects the xfer I don't know.
>
> I am also looking at one at this time.
>
> A friend of min has one and one common problem is the glow plug circuit board.
> This fails quite often and fries the glow plugs. His solution was to put a push
> bitton on the dash that controls the solenoid that controls the glow plugs. He
> just counts; 1001, 1002, etc while holding the button in while noting the
> outside temp. The glow plugs are more than $100...

WE STOCK GLOW PLUGS @ $70.00 PER SET OF 8, THE CARD YOU REFER TO WE
STOCK @ 85.00 WITH WIRE HARNESS.
ALL PRICES PLUS SHIPPING.
I'VE BEEN DRIVING A BLAZER FOR 2 YEARS NOW WITH NO GLOW PLUG TROUBLE.
WHAT BLOWS THE GLOW PLUGS IS WHEN SOMBODY TRIES TO JUMP THEM AT THE
SOLINOID, OR IF THE RESISTOR ON THE FIRE WALL GOES BAD.
GREAT VEHICLE OTHERWISE....

--
JEFF HAIN-MATSON
FRONT LINE MILITARY VEHICLES