Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] How to Restore a Jeep

Re: [MV] How to Restore a Jeep

Jeff Polidoro (willys@vgernet.net)
Fri, 25 Jul 1997 17:16:44 -0400

> WHERE THE HELL DOES THIS NONSENSE END. If I want a turbo charged Chevy
454 in > my jeep, it is still a GPW, just highly modified. I am getting
very frustrated with everyone
> telling me how to rebuild MY jeeps. Just because I don't meet your
personal standards,
> don't criticize my project. Even with a repro body, it is still a jeep.

> Jim Rice
> Lawton, Oklahoma
> '43 GPW (at least thats what it looks like)
> '52 M38 (99% original--the tires came off my M38A1--Oh GOD!!!)

I feel terrible. While we have been batting around the potential effect if
one *were to use* a repro body on history and hardware, we have completely
ignored the very real human toll on those who *already have*. The signs
may have been there all along but as they say, "Those closest are always
the last to know". Well, now that I know, I want to be there for you, Jim.
So e-mail me or call me at 1-800-BAD-REPRO. After all, friends don't let
friends drive Jeepros.

Regards,

JP

P.S. You ask:

> WHERE THE HELL DOES THIS NONSENSE END.

It ends with the delete button. There are several topics on the list I
*never* read about. For that matter, there are several individuals I also,
automatically, delete for various reasons. You, presently, are not one of
them.
Choosing that option would end this nonsense for you, without ending it for
those of us
still enjoying it.