Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] RE: Chemical Stripping Compound

Re: [MV] RE: Chemical Stripping Compound

Steven P. Allen (spallen@rolemail.ccis.edu)
Wed, 30 Jul 1997 12:12:10 -0500

At 12:06 PM 7/30/97 -0400, you wrote:
In the strictest consideration of the
>OSHA laws, they even consider "White-out" typewritter correction fluid, and
>WD-40 as hazzardous chemicals. One large steel manufacturing company I have
>worked for even considers water a hazzardous material, as "in sufficient
>quantities, you may become an asphyxiate hazzard" (translation - you can
>drown in large bodies of water).

I've seen the MSDS on water. Among other things, it notes that it is a
solvent (as if anyone who has ever worked with a half-eaten body panel
needed OSHA to tell us this) and a corrosive/oxidizer, i.e. wii rust stuff.
Well, Duh!

As others have pointed out, the EPA _is_ watching us (here in the US):
every time a tractor-trailer wrecks on the interstate highway near my house,
they're there in force to supervise the hazardous clean-up (read: mop up
the spilled diesel fuel from the puntured fuel tank). Worse than the IRSS?
Well, "e," "p," ans "a" ARE all in "Gestapo."

Steve Allen