Military-Vehicles: Re: Re: [MV] M38 loses power, stalls

Re: Re: [MV] M38 loses power, stalls

SBJohnston@aol.com
Thu, 31 Jul 1997 01:39:28 -0400 (EDT)

Paul wrote:

> they were to be rebuilt with the aide of the
> applicable T.M. I think the eng/ clutch T.M. will have
> the info on that

I'll check that book again -- likely I missed it.

> A word from experience. I had my 38A1 out years ago &
> noticed low oil press. The dipstick showed way over "full",
> and smelled of gas. Results: ruptured fuel pump diaghram &
> about 5gal of gas in the pan!

I guess that's one way to clean the gunk out the oil pan! I've been keeping
a close eye on the oil pressure (since I replaced the sender and gage) but
thus far it is a steady 30 psi -- when the engine is not stalled along the
side of the road.

Steve Johnston

sbjohnston@aol.com