Military-Vehicles: RE: [MV] M37 NOT STARTING

RE: [MV] M37 NOT STARTING

Alan Bowes (alan_bowes@phast.com)
Thu, 31 Jul 1997 13:30:59 -0600

Hi, Carmen,

There are a lot of possible reasons for a vehicle not starting. If you =
could provide more details, it would be very helpful.

For example, on the occasions when it failed to start, did the starter =
motor crank the engine over? If it did crank the engine, did it crank =
the engine at what seemed to be a normal cranking speed? You said that =
it stalled on you. Did it stall suddenly, or did it lose power =
gradually, was the power intermittent, or ??? Any additional information =
would help narrow the problem.

Alan
(Salt Lake City, Utah)

-----Original Message-----
From: Carmen Falcone [SMTP:fbc@epix.net]
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 1997 11:23 AM
To: MIL-VEH@skylee.com
Subject: [MV] M37 NOT STARTING

Help!
Back in December my friend & I bought an M37 from the local CD
Department. We had the engine rebuild and just got it back last night.
We drove it around the block and everything was fine. When I parked it
and try to start it again - nothing. I called the garage this morning
and he is coming out today to look at it. I went home for lunch and
won't you know it it started right up. Again I went for a ride and
everything was fine. I stalled on me, guess what I can't get it started. =

Can you please tell me what is wrong? And how can I fix this problem?
The engine turns but not enought to turn it on. When it did run oh how
sweet she ran. I'm sure that I am not the first one with this problem.
Thank's much and please help "KEEP IT ROllING"
Carmen