Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] Axis flag as grease rag

Re: [MV] Axis flag as grease rag

Jess Minton (pd.minton@worldnet.att.net)
Thu, 31 Jul 1997 21:43:07 +0000

I'm afraid I have to put an answer to this one, even at the risk of
not talking specifically about MV's here.
When a person compares the ideals and values represented by the Nazi flag
(which is not the flag of the German people today, or befroe 1939 for that
matter) to what the "Stars and stripes" represented then and now....
Well, frankly I don't see how anyone can compare the two!!
Now, Andreas this is in no way dregrading your fathers service during a war.
But let us be honest about what the war was for and what the actual goal, as
I see it, of restoring these vehicles... "Lest we forget" war is a horrible
thing that wastes lives.
My two cents worth...
Jess Minton
Arlington, TX