Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] M38 loses power, s

Re: [MV] M38 loses power, s

Ben Hughes (ben@hughesbros.com)
5 Aug 1997 06:58:54 U

Reply to: RE>>[MV] M38 loses power, st
These little incidents are only funny long after they've happened. I remember
driving my M43 over a curb on the starter motors to get off a four-lane when the
fuel line plugged up with snot.

Talk about SLOW!

--------------------------------------
Date: 8/5/97 6:15 AM
To: Ben Hughes
From: SBJohnston@aol.com

Jim wrote:

> It was interesting seeing me, my friend and two cops pushing
> the beast into a parking lot. At least it got us out of the
> middle of the four lane street.

At least you had some help. In my second nighttime test drive failure my M38
died in the unlighted middle of a fairly busy two way street. I foolishly
tried a coasting turn around and ended up dead crossways in the street! I
saw headlights coming both ways, so I'm sure I presented a fairly comical
image to the oncoming traffic as I scrambled to push/drag the jeep off to the
side in the light of their headlights.

No wonder I'm going grey.

Steve Johnston

sbjohnston@aol.com