Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] Brake Lines

Re: [MV] Brake Lines

Michael Meister (mike@agen.tamu.edu)
Wed, 6 Aug 1997 09:17:25 -0500 (CDT)

Never ever EVER use copper lines for brakes! I don't know if steel
tubing comes in coils (I doubt it) but I purchased tubing from a NAPA
store for less than $15 and redid my whole GPW (of course, I had the
added expense of a tubing bender and double-lap flarig tool). But if you
do more than one restoration it's well-worth the expense. The tubing
comes in different diameters and lengths from 6" to 36".

Have fun!

Mike

> Is the line that one gets in a 25 foot coil (steel coated
> copper??) as good (heavy/safe) as the pre-cut lines? Also, where can I
> find new rubber brake hoses?
> ===

Michael Meister "Give me an army of West Point
Class of 1997 (WHOOP!) graduates and I'll win a battle;
Department of Agricultural Engineering Give me a handful of Texas
Texas A&M University Aggies and I'll win a war."
College Station, Texas
--Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.
http://www.agen.tamu.edu/~mike
mike@agen.tamu.edu