Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] CARC paint?

Re: [MV] CARC paint?

Mike Klaput (Mklaput@geneva.k12.il.us)
Wed, 06 Aug 1997 11:49:10 -0500

Wow!. If you DO find some REAL CARC, be careful. It is some nasty
stuff. I suspect, (although not sure)that it wont be easy to find.
While I was Motorpool officer in the Army, we were not allowed to use it
to even touch-up paint jobs on vehicles. Only post or depot level
facilities with the proper protective gear were allowed to use it. By
the way, we did try it once. Everyone involved ended up with a nasty
headache. Plus the fumes are HORRIBLE. The warning label on the cans is
quite frightening, and makes it VERY clear that it's nasty stuff also.