Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] positive ground

Re: [MV] positive ground

Auke Dijkstra (auke.dijkstra@pi.net)
Sat, 09 Aug 1997 21:32:51 -0700

R. Notton wrote:

> This is an interesting subject Auke has raised.
>
> Firstly I don't think its limited to "early American trucks" as all the UK
> vehicles virtually up to the introduction of alternators were positive
> ground too.

Hi Richard,

Thank you for the explaination, what should I keep in mind if I should
change a 6V positive ground WC-1 Dodge, to 12V negative ground??
The last owner of the Dodge made a big mess of the wiring, and he
put a 12V dynamo, regulator (non-original) and ignition coil in it,
but retained the 6V starter. The gauges are a civilian early type.
I bought a repro wiring harness (very nice one from Precision Wiring
Services) and I don't know what to do, keep it 6V original or 6V
negative ground or 12V negative ground.

Best Regards,

Auke Dijkstra