Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] obtaining a title for a M-151a1

Re: [MV] obtaining a title for a M-151a1

Lee Phillips (lee_phillips@rccgw.chinalake.navy.mil)
9 Sep 1997 15:33:48 -0700

Actually, that sounds like one of the very best ideas. No matter who =
owned it before, it's yours now! Cool!
------------------------------
Date: 9/9/97 2:16 PM
To: Phillips, Lee
From: abbott@netrix.net

Lee:
I am going through the same title search as you. In Kalispell, M0ntana I
purchased a 1942 Willys MB with no title. I couldn't find the previous
owner since this jeep was considered junk since 1972. In order to get a
title I had to go through the DMV to find a previous. None could be
found.Iturned this info into the Sheriff ofice who are setting up a =
Sheriff
Sale. That takes about three weeks. All costs that I incured plus cost of
storage become a lien against this vehicle and during the sale I
either get the jeep with a title or some one will repay me for my =
expences.
Sound bad, but I will get the vehicle clear for title.
Ray Abbott
Kalispell, Montana

----------
> From: Lee Phillips <lee_phillips@rccgw.chinalake.navy.mil>
> To: bdk <bdk@geocities.com>; Military Vehicles <mil-veh@skylee.com>
> Subject: Re: [MV] obtaining a title for a M-151a1
> Date: Tuesday, September 09, 1997 8:36 AM
>
> You have to have something ... e.g., an old license plate, a copy of =
old
registration, a letter from Mom, something; No one is going to isssue a
title to anything just on your say-so. Not, only that, be prepared to get
the vehicle weighed, brake inspected, smogged, .....,, etc. And, if it's =
trailer: Grab Your Socks. Trailers must be paid each year, no non-op
allowed. Fees and penalties go back forever. You only hope is to build a
new one. And, that's tough to do if it's a MIL-VEH.