Military-Vehicles: [MV] Re: MV's for sale cheep

[MV] Re: MV's for sale cheep

packratt@erols.com
Tue, 09 Sep 1997 18:17:26 -0400

> Hello, list -
>
> Did I get your attention? This is for those list members who have
> expressed interest in obtaining a 6x6, but are not on the DRMS (the
> DoD
> surplus sales agency) mailing list. I just received two DRMS sealed
> bid
> sale catalogs containing HUNDREDS of them, at bases and posts all over

> the country. Mostly M35A2s,

I talked with the DRMO rep at Ft. Bragg today. All of the M35's that
they have up for sale are painted with CARC paint.
This is a health hazard if you go to sandblast, sand or otherwise prep
for painting. Also, many saw service in Desert Storm, ie and he did not
say this but they may have been exposed to the nonexistent chemical
weapons.

Just thought I'd pass this on.
packratt