Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] Camper body/box for Unimog

Re: [MV] Camper body/box for Unimog

Chris Youngson (cyoungso@direct.ca)
Wed, 10 Sep 1997 13:57:24 -0700

I saw some boxes for sale at a gun show. Looked brand new. Made of Al.
very sturdy looking with lift points, windows, locking door. ladder up the
side. This was a few years ago. I still have the brochure. I saw them in
Puyallup, WA. Also watertight and floatable it says here.
Cost $795 .
Call Terry or Troy 1-206-432-3682 Fax: 1-206-432-4363

These are designed for pickup beds. Lot's of room. If you call them
let me know, I might get one.

>I've got a 1963 Unimog 404.114 with the troop/cargo body and drop sides. =
>(pritsche) It has the bows and canvas, but it makes for less than =
>comfortable camping.
>
>This past weekend at the Tobyhanna, PA, MV meet, I met some interesting =
>gentlemen who had a HUMVEE with an American radio box in the back. It =
>was an AN/GRC-122 enclosure, for RTTY or other communications. The unit =
>would work well in my truck body (2M wide x 3M long) but I'm wondering =
>if there aren't larger enclosures out there. The gentlemen I spoke with =
>are looking for a similar unit.=20
>
>My intention is to have an all-weather enclosure suitable for camping, =
>and easy to install/remove. I do have access to hoisting equipment, as =
>long as it would be a one-man operation.=20
>
>There are radio boxes available for the Unimog, but I've been told that =
>they are heavy (~3000#) and require removal of my cargo body. Not =
>exactly what I had in mind for convenience.=20
>
>Does anyone have any ideas, or leads to the AN enclosure? I'm trying to =
>stay the thrift route, otherwise I would just buy a 5th wheel and be =
>done with it.=20
>
>Thanks in advance!
>
>Dean E. McCahan
>East-Central PA