Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] German Artillery question

Re: [MV] German Artillery question

Jim Webster (jimweb@patching.thegap.com)
Fri, 12 Sep 1997 20:37:08 +0100

--------------221BDFBB40FE65E71DDD6656

Carl G. Reinemann wrote:

> I am restoring a german 7.5 cm light artillery piece. The barrel is
> stamped 7.5 LG 1 1943
> I believe it was manufactured by von Krupp. If anyone knows of any
> online sources for pictures, or books it would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks

This is a good one.... LG1 was the original designation for the 7.5cm
Leicht Geschutz 40 the first german recoilless gun (rifle to our american
readers) The best source I have is German Artillery of WW2 by Ivan Hogg,
ISBN 1-85367-261-0, published by Greenhill... recently reissued I beleive

We should start a german artillery fan club as I am restoring a 12.8cm PAK
44 recovered from a hedge in poland

TTFN

--------------221BDFBB40FE65E71DDD6656

begin: vcard