Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] RAL numbers for painting

Re: [MV] RAL numbers for painting

A. Mehlhorn (a.mehlhorn@t-online.de)
Sun, 14 Sep 97 14:26 MET DST

Rolf S. Ask schrieb:
> Hello list
>
> I am in need of the RAL numbers (the color code) for the following colors:
>
> RAF blue
> Sand Color (used by the Canadian and English Forces)
> USAForce blue
> US Marine grey

Dear Rolf,

RAL is a German standard. RAL means "Reichausschuss fuer Lieferbedingungen"
(= Reichs board for trading terms). So I think the anglo american world
doesn't use RAL numbers.

I can give you some RAL numbers of German WW2 colours:

Wehrmachtsgrau: RAL 6006 or RAL 7021
Sandgelb: RAL 1002 or RAL 8002
Fliegerbraublau: RAL 7016

Note that some of the colours have changed during the time. And note
that the paint was mixed in the vehicle factorys. So there was never
a 100 percent perfect colour like today, especially at the end of WW2.
There they took what they could get.

Regards from Germany
Andreas