Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] Aleutian MVs

Re: [MV] Aleutian MVs

rickl (rickl@npark.com)
Tue, 16 Sep 1997 08:59:57 -0400

It seems that
> beacause of the Japanese invasion, a number of airstrips were built there and just left
> after the war. Rows and Rows of trucks, with support equipment were left.
> Dave in Flagstaff

Dave,
I had heard that the trucks and support equipment were left parked on
the runways to prevent reuse. The engines may or may not have been
either removed or run without oil until they siezed up. There was a
article about this in Military Vehicles awhile ago.
Rick