Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] M151 question

Re: [MV] M151 question

Glenn Shaw (dogstar@gis.net)
Sun, 28 Sep 1997 20:27:20 -0400

Hi Gil
I have driven many thousands of miles in M151's both A1 and A2 and have
never had a problem. They are perfectly safe when driven as they were
designed. By the way the manufacturer of them never had anything bad to
say about them. They are a small jeep like vehicle not a sports car.
People over drove them and got themselves into trouble causing the big flap
leading to the gov't getting rid of them, or so people think. The Marines
are still driving them in CA as we speak and the US govt is sending them to
foreign friendlies such as Israel and Turkey. If the M38A1 was still in
service the people who seem to be able to even tip over Hummers would be
killing themselves in them too. The independent suspension system is
really smooth too compared to the leaf springs. Go ahead and get one if
you can find one and enjoy it safely.

Glenn Shaw MVPA M38A1 M151