Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] Split Rim DANGERS

Re: [MV] Split Rim DANGERS

Mark R. (gloryhunter@rapidnet.com)
Mon, 29 Sep 1997 14:25:00 -0600

David C. Decker wrote:

> I would like to open a dialogue to address the inherent danger of
> changing tires and tubes on split rim wheels.

In the service we always broke the bead on the opposite side first with
the split side facing down. When inflating it is best to have the
cage. We also had a 6 foot extension on the air hose so the person
inflating can stand a ways back. Also, the extension worked good in the
field when we would just back a 5 ton over the tire we were inflating.

--
Mark
Rapid City, SD    ______
  |    ___      ||      |  ___  |         founder of RapidNet, who died
  |   /###\     ||______| /###\<|         19Sept97 while serving his
country.
http://www.rapidnet.com/rapidnet/
Check out the Unofficial Dodge M37 Page