Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] Technical data for HUMMER wanted

Re: [MV] Technical data for HUMMER wanted

Jeff Polidoro (willys@vgernet.net)
Sun, 5 Oct 1997 12:26:08 -0400

> As far as I know at the moment, this vehicle is from 1984.
> Ok, I know, HUMMER is not the correct name of these vehicles.
> I mean these flat, wide modern US vehicles and here they
> were called HUMMER. (Hummer means lobster in german).
>
> Thanks in advance
> Andreas Mehlhorn

HUMMER means big, flat, wide, expensive vehicles here, too. Hummer means a
couple of things here, as well, but not lobster.

Regards,

JP