Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] 12 volt M-38A1 conversion

Re: [MV] 12 volt M-38A1 conversion

safe male (safemale@serv2.fwi.com)
Sun, 19 Oct 1997 06:01:22 -0500 (EST)

At 03:01 AM 10/19/97 UT, Michael Richardson wrote:
>I have a parts jeep (M38A1) that I would like to convert for my son to use on
>the farm. I am going to use most of the charging system & ignition on a
>keeper for myself but we might as well use whats left as an un-original toy
>for the farm. Does anyone know how difficult and expensive to get 12volt
>conversion parts. Thanks in advance
> Mike Richardson
I THINK I would use a 1975-??? chevey alt. regulater is bult in
and only needs one wire to bat and one too the 12 off the coil
and THERE IS A modafachion at the starter and genterater shopy
that make tham one wire to bat only
it is auto feald gets power wane it starts turning
as fare as amps go I WOULD THINK ANY OHING 35 AMP or biger would do un
less you think you mite jump with it
than i mite think of 70+ or better
is it 6 volt or 24
i have seen many 6 volt starters go for years on 12 volts
if you dont go nutts spinning it over
like runing out of GAS and crinking it to get gas to carb
or moving it with starter
24 volt starter mite turn the moter over a little slow I dont know

if youy like moreinfo on the one wire alt. get with mee

>===

ken
aka
safemale