Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] Submarine Source?

Re: [MV] Submarine Source?

RKiser8375@aol.com
Tue, 28 Oct 1997 11:20:46 -0500 (EST)

<< >Does anyone have a source or contact where one could
>purchase a retired/obsolete diesel attack submarine?
>It could be of Chinese or Russian origin. What kind of
>issues would one have to face for something like this
>this to be in private ownership, asuming that there
>are no live arms on board and all Coast Guard regs
>were met? >>

I believe that the DEA confiscated a sub down off the coast of Florida about
5 years ago. Some guys were using it to run coke into the U.S. As I recall,
it was towed underwater behind their boat. They had it rigged up to surface
and dive by remote control. I don't remember how they got caught, but when
the authorities searched the submarine it was loaded to the gills with
cocaine. I don't know much about subs, but I seem to recall that this was a
very small one. I'm not sure what they did with the sub when it was
confiscated, but I bet that the coast guard or the DEA would know.

Rob Kiser