Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] Submarine Source?

Re: [MV] Submarine Source?

A.Mehlhorn (a.mehlhorn@t-online.de)
Tue, 28 Oct 97 16:26 +0100

At 05:12 AM 10/28/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Does anyone have a source or contact where one could
>purchase a retired/obsolete diesel attack submarine?
>It could be of Chinese or Russian origin. What kind of
>issues would one have to face for something like this
>this to be in private ownership, asuming that there
>are no live arms on board and all Coast Guard regs
>were met?

I have heard that retired russian diesel submarines were for sale
for DM 200,000 (Us-$ 120,000). That's not much for such a boat.
But remember the operational costs.

These boats are built for service at the baltic sea and so they are
relatively small.

I don't know the state of these boats, but I have seen abandoned
russian army camps. They are completely ruined (rooted?). So I don't
know if it is smart to buy russian surplus.

Have a look at the WWW to find a trader who offers such boats.

Regards from russian free Germany
Andreas