Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] Submarine Source?

Re: [MV] Submarine Source?

Colin Brookes (colb@xtra.co.nz)
Wed, 29 Oct 1997 20:17:02 +1200

In message <199710281816_MC2-2575-7866@compuserve.com>, "R. Notton"
<106363.2514@compuserve.com> writes
>Hi Phil,
>
>There is an enormous scrapyard here in Portsmouth UK that deals mainly in
>ex-Navy ships but also has aircraft, tanks, MV's et al.
>
>There are at least 3 frigates, 2 light-ships and 5 diesel-electric
>submarines there when I drove past yesterday, this is the yard that Colin
>Brookes referred to I believe.

Hi Richard,

Yep that's the place. I thought that Harry had given up on armoured
vehicles ? I bought two T16's and a Windsor carrier out of there in the
mid 80's. And had terrible problems trying to purchase a Centurian
bridgelayer as they were clearing the yard out. I seem to remember that
the guy in charge of the yard was called Buckingham.
You are right also about trying to purchase from the boatyard section.
I wanted some brass portlights, and there was no way they would even
discuss the prospective sale.

Did you get to meet up with Eddy Smith at Beltring ?

regards

Colin Brookes
Invicta Military Vehicle Preservation Society (IMPS)
colb@xtra.co.nz