Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] Submarine Source?

Re: [MV] Submarine Source?

Steven P. Allen (spallen@rolemail.ccis.edu)
Wed, 29 Oct 1997 08:47:48 -0600

Hello all (especially those on this thread)

At 02:31 AM 10/29/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi Both,
>
>>>But I'll fool you both by flying over in my Fairey Swordfish<<
>RNAS Yeovilton would like to hear from you then. . . . . . .
>
>>>you'll never shoot me down
>becuz I'm made out of canvas and fly so slow! :-)<<
>Seem to recall Mr Donitz had this problem; too slow for AA predictors and
>too fast for main armament predictors. Stringbag stealth technology way
>cheaper than black triangular things.

I'll bet that even a Swordfish could be hit with the .50 cal MGs that my
frigate will have for close-in boat defense.

>>>I've long wanted my own guided-missile frigate.<<
>Harry Pounds' got them too.

OK, but I'm particularly partial to US Belknap-class cruisers (ex-frigates
in USN parlance).

>Look guys, Guy Fawkes Night soon can I have a Titan V to let off?

Why not a Minuteman? More bang for the buck!

>Any bets who is going to be the first person getting a hard smack from
>Arthur?

Well, in a technical sense, aircraft, submarines, and ships ARE military
vehicles, just not on land. Still, I think we had best close this out.
Frivolity is one thing, but we must agree that Arthur needn't deal with our
playtime.

Steve Allen