[MV] re: M38 Question

SBJohnston@aol.com
Fri, 21 Nov 1997 23:21:42 -0500 (EST)

Tom Campbell wrote:

>Does anyone really know what the two threaded bosses in
>front of the passenger seat on the M-38 are for???
>These are directly in front of the seat cushion,
>on top of the tool box. One is parallel to the axis of the
>vehicle and the other is turned 90 degrees.

On my 1951 M38 (s/n 2037X), there are three such "mounts" on the top of the
toolbox in front of the lid. The outer ones are parallel to the direction of
travel and the middle one is perpendicular. Each has two threaded holes.

The picture in the July '52 Power Train & body tech manual shows it the same
way, but no further identification.

>I've heard so many stories

I'm not sure what they are meant to do -- what have you heard?.

Steve Johnston

sbjohnston@aol.com