[MV] GPW Miscellanea

Rob Root (root99@earthlink.net)
Fri, 05 Dec 1997 20:17:53 -0800

--------------AA540521FD8

Hi List;

I have been following the various discussions on early GPW details with
great interest, and now wish to add an additional data point on the
topics. The following applies to my GPW s/n 3000:

It has a Willys style frame, with the serial number (GPW 3000, no
stars)stamped on the top of the left frame rail, just forward of the
engine mount. The front frame ends are cut off diagonally. The grille
has the indent on the top in the center, but I suspect this was changed.

I can also relate to Mike O'Farrel's commment about being "racked with
insecurity". But I am learning a lot.

Best Regards

Rob Root

--------------AA540521FD8