Re: [MV] M38 Carburetor acting up

SBJohnston@aol.com
Mon, 8 Dec 1997 22:13:44 -0500 (EST)

John wrote:

> Check your fuel pump. A small leak in the diaphragm will
> cause gas to allowed into the oil, and a create a similar
> set of symptoms.

A visual inspection and cleaning of the fuel pump last week didn't turn up
any tears in the diaphragm, but it could be small and I overlooked it.

I checked the oil a few minutes ago... It is exactly at the FULL line, just
as it was when I last changed it, with no gas smell or thinning of the oil.
I don't *think* there's any gas in there, at least not enough to tell with
my senses. What do you think?

Steve Johnston

sbjohnston@aol.com