Re: [MV] starters goes whizz

Rob Wierenga (rwiere92@calvin.edu)
Thu, 11 Dec 1997 20:52:21 -0500 (EST)

I can not say for sure with the m-43 but a similar problem that I had with
a '89 gmc truck (I know not an MV, but I drive whatever I can get) was the
result of a bendix (spelling?) that was on it's way out. Don't remember if
it ended getting repaired or if the entire starter was replaced. But it
doesn't do it anymore, except when it is really cold. Now when it does it
I let it spin a couple of times to warm up a little then it seems to
behave itself and work right.
In case I have the name of the part wrong the bendix is the part in the
starter that moves the starter gear into position to mate with the teeth on
the flywheel.
Rob in Mich.